Search for and explore virtually any place on planet Earth with views of streets, terrain and satellite imagery in this amazing app with Street View and 3D architecture in some areas.
Google Earth is an innovative free program which basically allows users to zoom in and out of places across the planet, save certain countries like North Korea. In some cases, users can zoom in to just meters away from an objects.
With the development and improvements that Google has made to this product, 3D environments are now available and you can zoom in to not only 3D terrains, but into 3D buildings in mainly large cities across the planet including the United States, the United Kingdom, South Africa and Canada, not to mention dozens more.
The application includes a library of what they call layers, which are different views which you can add to the application from landmarks to parks to regions and touristic destinations. Google Earth also provides news information as an addition to typical landmarks.
Every single new version that Google releases of Google Earth seems to include ever more interesting content and if you haven't checked it out lately, Google has actually added the Moon and Mars to its portfolio of interesting locations. Also interesting to look at is the historical imagery which has been added as of late.
Overall, an amazing application and a great way to spend a rainy day just exploring our planet.
Features of Google Earth
- Customization: allows users to customize their experience by adding layers of information and other features, such as historical imagery and 3D models.
- Geographic information: includes a wealth of geographic information, including information about landmarks, businesses and other points of interest.
- Mapping: includes a variety of maps, including satellite imagery, street maps and terrain maps, making it easy to find and navigate to specific locations.
- Measurement tools: includes tools for measuring distances and areas, making it easy to get detailed information about specific locations.
- Sharing: share your discoveries and experiences with others through the use of placemarks, tours and other tools.
- Virtual globe: allows users to explore the world in 3D, with a virtual globe that shows detailed terrain, buildings and other features.
- Virtual tours: includes virtual tours of a wide range of locations, including landmarks, museums and other points of interest.
Compatibility and License
Google Earth is provided under a freeware license on Windows from mapping with no restrictions on usage. Download and installation of this PC software is free and 22.214.171.12445 is the latest version last time we checked.
What version of Windows can Google Earth run on?
Google Earth can be used on a computer running Windows 11 or Windows 10. Previous versions of the operating system shouldn't be a problem with Windows 8, Windows 7 and Windows Vista having been tested. Windows XP is supported. It comes in both 32-bit and 64-bit downloads.
Other operating systems: The latest Google Earth version from 2023 is also available for Android, Mac and iPhone. These are often available from the app store. For Mac applications, we recommend finding a reputable source to download software online, often in the form of a DMG or PKG file.